We all know the french manicure where you highlight the tips of your nails, but are you familiar with the half moon manicure? This one focuses on the half circle on the base of your nail. It’s a great nail art technique to get you to do something different and meanwhile experiment with different nail polish color combinations. And above all, it’s really easy to do at home!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 2 nail polishes in the colors of your choice
– 10 reinforcement stickers (school supplies)
– base coat and transparent top coat
HOW IT’S DONE:
1. Before applying nail polish, always clean your nails, file them and apply a protective base coat.
2. Apply 2 coats of the lightest color of nail polish of the two all over the nails (this will be the color of the moon). Let the polish dry well or else the stickers will peel off the polish and you’ll have to start over.
3. Once the nails are completely dry, place a reinforcement sticker on the base of each nail where your ‘natural moons’ are. Cutting a slit in each sticker will help you lay it more evenly and will result in a more professional looking manicure. Make sure they’re well attached to your nails before you start painting with the second color.
4. Paint the top half of your nails with 2 coats of the darker nail polish. Again let it dry a little bit before you remove the reinforcement stickers.
5. When completely dry, finish with a transparent top coat.
Et voilà, a perfect half moon manicure! Have fun trying different color combinations and feel free to send me any pictures of your manicures!